Sunday, August 15, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 43 (Grey Bird) and Weekly Hindsight

Day 43 (August 15th, 2010)
Title: Grey Bird

While walking, I saw this little fellow sitting on a post, just looking at me.  I'm sure he was thinking; "Uhm, yeah, so, you got any spare crickets?"  Sadly, I was out of crickets, but he didn't mind.  We just watched each other for a bit, he let me snap a few pictures and then off he flew.

I'm sitting here, trying to think of how this story/picture is a metaphor (sometimes you just need to stop and rest on the post's of life and look at others or something along those lines) or has some deeper meaning (Art is fleeting and constantly changing), but honestly; sometimes a cute little bird, is just a cute little bird.


Weekly Hindsight

Photographically, this was a strange week for me.  I did have quite a few neat ideas of some project that I am going to be working on in the coming weeks (including fire!  Woo!) as well as some other art-related ideas - including scrapbooking stuff.  But, my actually productivity was really low.  I guess there are "do-things" weeks and "think-things" weeks.  This was a "think-things" week for me, but I'm hoping that it will turn into some productive (and interesting) photos next week and in the coming weeks. 

I guess that's my one bit of advice to folks this week, is write down ideas as you have them, even if they aren't perfect.  One of the things that really started me off on my idea-a-thon this week was finding an old little notebook that I had written a few ideas down.  These ideas were from months ago (before I even started the 365 project).  Most of the idea were just little one-line thoughts ("Fire and ice?  How to picture the idea of 'hot' and 'cold'?") and some of them were more complex.  Heck, one of them I even drew something, which at the time was probably important, but now I can't figure out what it is!  So, the next time you are at the dollar store or Target, pick up a package of 6-10 little notepads and some pens and just put one in every major area you spend time (car, living room, desk, work, kitchen, bathroom, etc).  You never know when a random thought or great muse will occur!  And if you draw some strange looking blueprint, make sure to label it!

Have a good week!

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment