Saturday, August 7, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 35 (Scrapbooker's Dazzle)

Day 35 (August 7th, 2010)
Title: Scrapbooker's Dazzle

Went to the Scrapbook Expo this weekend, and as with many of the other Expos/Conventions/Shows that I have attended, everyone there was completely crazy.  Scrap crazy, but crazy none-the-less.  I'd say the only other type of conventions that I've gone do that has an equal level of "hobby insanity" are coin shows.  If you've never been to one, well... Count yourself lucky!  (And don't get me wrong, I'm a crazy nut about coins, so I am going to be one of those people you see at said coin shows arguing the impact that changing the copper-zinc ratio in cents back in 1982 was one of the starting points of the recession and the downfall of capitalism as we know it.  I told you I was crazy).  The Scrapbook Expo was exactly the same, but with different subject matter.  I heard brief snippets of conversations that included the following (sadly, these are all true):

"Which glue is the best for sticking old animal hair onto a new ceramic pet?"
"I only have my ex-husbands credit card, is it ok if I use it?"
"I can't believe they only had the 'Basic' and 'Intermediate' blue inks!" (I checked the wall that they were talking about, that ONLY had inks on it.  I counted over 30 blue inks before I decided I didn't want my brain to get trapped in a scrap-hole (like a black-hole) and I walked away). 
"Do you think these scissors can cut through bone?"

After that last one, I decided that my first experience of Scrapbook Expo was done. 

Oh, I did win a $10.00 gift certificate for a booth.  A booth who's cheapest item was $37.00.  Doh.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Love it! Scrapbook conventions are insanity.

    ReplyDelete