Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 143 (Bird Lift)

Day 143 (November 22nd, 2010)
Title: Bird Lift

Alt title: Worlds Strongest Bird Competition.

We recently went to the Legion of Honor museum in San Francisco, and outside in the parking lot there is this strange red/orange sculpture made of I-Beams.  I saw some birds sitting on top of the structure, just relaxing, enjoying the view of the city, and suddenly one of them flew off.  I just happened to catch the little guy right when he took off and was lucky enough to get a shot where one of his claws is still on the bar.  With a little creative cropping and a bit of imagination it looks like, to me, that the bird is carrying that beam away.  I can't imagine what kind of nest he is going to make, but I feel darn sorry for that tree!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Way cool! I really like the idea that this bird is building a nest with this beam! LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete