Friday, January 21, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 166 (Light Gap)

Day 166 (December 16th, 2010)
Title: Light Gap

We have made it!  I'm finally done with the pictures of the little plastic containers!  At least until next time...  So, lets go over what I've learned from this experiment.  First, I should never be allowed into the Container Store.  I am a 'crack addict' when it comes to small container-y things.  I blame the drugs, mostly vitamin C ("C", for container!).  Secondly, I learned one flash with a reflector on it provide plenty of light to create some nice shadow effects.  Third, a small light/reflector makes for some harsh (aka: non-soft) shadows, and probably not the best lighting method for taking portraits of people.  Normally photos of people look better with softer shadows.  I can get the softer look by either a) getting a larger reflector or b) using a large diffusing umbrella.  This certainly gives me some ideas for new photos. 

And the most important thing that I got from this whole event was, anything can be a 'muse' for art - even little plastic containers! 

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment