Monday, January 31, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 174 (Giant Whisk)

Day 174 (December 24th, 2010)
Title: Giant Whisk

Modern art just confuses me.  I think that modern art is trying too hard to make me "see beyond what's here" or "understand the deeper meaning" and I just don't think I have that special artist gene that would allow me to see the deeper anything when I see, what is basically, a giant whisk.  At least with this piece, there is some actual effort involved - the artist really spent time and built a 'thing', whereas others... well, lets just wait till tomorrow for that.  I mean, perhaps this artist just really liked waffles and this is their homage to the process.  Or perhaps they are very keen on scrambled eggs.  Either way, its still a neat thing to look at, even if its a bit abstract for me to grasp. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment