Saturday, January 8, 2011

Artist of the Day - Day 7 - Ray Bradbury

Ray Bradbury; Author and Time Traveler

Ray Bradbury is one of my top 3 Sci-Fi writers (along with Isaac Asimov and Philip K. Dick), and I would say he’s close to being one of my favorite writers, regardless of genre.  I love that his “Sci-Fi” is subtle and not so over-the-top that it is easy to imagine it not so far-fetched, that you could easily see his visions coming true.  My particular book of choice of Mr. Bradbury is Fahrenheit 451.  If you haven’t read it, go right now!  I will say, the movie is pretty good, but you really should read the book.  Though the book was written in 1953, it is still poignant and relevant today.  In a nutshell: With the death of books and the written word, so dies independent thought and imagination.  I’d also recommend his short story collections, many of which have also been adapted to video (mostly 1 hour TV shows and miniseries).






Wikipedia
Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment