Saturday, October 1, 2011

Project 50 - Week 8 - Beach Flowers

Project 50 - Week 8
Concept: Beach Flowers

Here are some of the flower photos that I shot while in Santa Cruz.  All of these were taken with a 100mm macro lens, although many of the shots came out a bit blurry, that was more due to the wind blowing than the lens.  Normally I take macro shots in a bit more of a controlled environment (see next week), due to the slightest movement can cause serious blur.  Sometimes this motion can make for some really neat, unexpected blurring effects in your photos that you could have probably never replicate in a controlled environment.  For example, photo #1 (blurred purple flower) I really like and I certainly feel I would have never gotten (or planned) for this photo in a studio. 

Enjoy!








Bonus:

I liked the last photo as a black and white to highlight it's texture and feel (it was a white flower with little other color detail).  Here is an alternate version of the red flower (photo #5) in black and white (with a slight silver/gray toning).


No comments:

Post a Comment