Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 192 (Greek Groove)

Day 192 (January 11th, 2011)
Title: Greek Groove

I love the Greeks, and not just because they created democracy, philosophy, literature, and like a million scientific and mathematical concepts.  I mean, its great that they did all those things too, but what I really love are the Greek Festivals!  If you have never had the pleasure of going to a Greek festival, I highly recommend it.  I mean, how can you go wrong when you have foods like: Dolmadakia, Spanakopita, and Baklava (just to name a few)!  Just imagine how many points you'd get for spelling one of those in Scrabble! 

Another great part of a Greek festival is the dancing!  Everyone dances in giant twisting circles - just grab someones hand, and your pulled right in to get your groove on!  One of the accessories (not required mind you) when dancing are colorful scarves decorated with coins (or metal discs) so they "jingle" when the groove hits! 

So, the next time you have a chance, get out there and visit a Greek festival and get your groove on!  Great food, great music, and great people!

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make some scarves like this, I have some of the coins, but haven't had a chance to do it. watch my fb page, for when i do, I love Greece it is the best most friendly country I've been to.
    www.fb.com/bandaheads

    ReplyDelete