Thursday, April 7, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 231 (Millbrae Train)

Day 231 (February 19th, 2011)
Title: Millbrae Train


I love trains (I think I've mentioned that before), and BART is no exception.  Some folks don't count light rail as trains, but I still enjoy riding them.  That's one part of living in (or around, in my case) a big city - mass transit!  I'm an avid fan of trains, buses, rickshaws, taxis, boats, junks, trolleys, ferries, you name it - as long as it means I don't have to drive - I like it!


I enjoy the composition of this shot, because of the juxtaposition (that's right, I used an artsy word!): Fast moving train versus still, waiting, riders.  There is also a mirroring of the still riders in the windows of the train, giving it a duality (double points - two artsy words used!).


Technical bits: Due to it being generally dark in the waiting area, I amp'ed some of the settings up to help get the photo.  Shot at f/4.0 at 1/50th, using on-board flash with ISO set to 1600 (that's why the photo is a bit fuzzy).


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment