Sunday, April 17, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 241 (Impact)

Day 241 (March 1st, 2011)
Title: Impact


Recently, we decided to do a little "stress relief" by whacking the bejesus out of some golf balls.  We started at the driving range, because lets be honest - its the most satisfying part of golf, just smack, smack, smack!  Now, some of us (re: Me) aren't so good at golf, mostly because I haven't played in like 20 years.  But, I did have a ball (pun) attempting to put those balls into orbit.  Now, Andrew on the other hand, had himself some skills - after watching us "play around", he took out The Big Dog (uber-driver) and hit those golf balls so hard they actually went back in time. 


I decided that my talent was more in taking photos of the golfers than trying to kill myself (or others) with my "golfing skills".  This shot is one that I got really lucky with, I'd say its about 1ms away from making that ball really sad. 


Unfortunately, due to the fast speed of the camera (I had it set on Fast/Burst mode), its a bit blurry and grainy, but I think the overall look is still quite good.  The tech bits: f/5.6 at 1/60th with ISO 400.  I think I'll try raising the ISO to 800 (or even 1600) so I can get a better shutter speed, it will add more grain but I'll gain more focus, which I think is a fair trade-off in this situation. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment