Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 168 - Planks

Day 168 (December 18th, 2010)
Title: Planks

This is the second of my "sticks" photos, and probably last of the sticks photos.  I was trying to do some "forced perspective" with these, and I think this is about the best I'm going to get.  I realized that forced perspective (basically, making the viewer look where you want them to look, subconsciously) isn't a very 'friendly' type of composition.  Normally forced focus is more passive (such as converging lines or a horizon), but I feel these last two pictures aren't being very subtle about it and as much as I'm forcing the viewer to look, I realized there really isn't anything to look AT in these shots. 

In the previous shot, the one short stick was directing the viewer to look at the shadow.  In this photo, both the shadows and the lines are directing you to look at the center-line of the photo, but there isn't really anything interesting there!  So, its like telling you to read a book full of blank pages (I'm sure that has some deep metaphysical thing going on, but that's not really what I'm going for).  So, we'll move on to something new tomorrow!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment