Sunday, October 10, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 90 (The Power of Dance)

Day 90 (October 1st, 2010)
Title: The Power of Dance

First of all, I'm finally in October!  I'm catching up, slowly but surely! 

We were visiting San Francisco, like we are wont to do, and we decided to go see a movie at the Metreon (best IMAX theater in San Fran!).  While I was waiting for Theresa to arrive, I decided to go for a walk around the building (they have a nice park behind the theater).  While I was waiting, playing with my camera (as I am also wont to do), I noticed a man... "dancing".  Now, normally strange things in SF are a dime a dozen, and I usually give them no notice, but this was different.  First of, this man was DANCING!  Not your normal, I have a little groove in the booty needing to get out ala Ellen, but we are talking full on, I'm having a dance seizure style dance. 

He would do pop dance, shift to some sort of "injured flamingo", to self-waltz, to the Mashed-Potato, to some sort of line dancing and back again.  Arms would flail, he would drop, but pop right back up, you never know which direction his legs were going to go.  It was like watching a car crash, into a train, while getting hit with a meteorite - you just couldn't look away!  The really strange (ha) part was that he wouldn't dance outside of a 3 foot circle.  As soon as his groove got to the 3' boundary, he would (sometimes violently), jump back and dance the other way. 

Perhaps he was just a normal man, minding his own business and one day hes walking in the park and BAM! He's possessed by a mime, Jimmy Durante, the cast of Breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo, and Bob Ross (because he constantly had this strange "I could eat you, but I won't because the Happy Trees are telling me not too" smile on).  I would have called for help or an exorcist, but unfortunately my movie was starting. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Dance is great! Too bad more people don't do that 'publicly'! Wish that could've been videotaped ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you better be careful what you wish for! I think I do have a snippit of video (30 seconds) that I might to have to find and post so I can share the "joy" that was this man dancing!

    ReplyDelete