Friday, October 8, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 87 (de Young)

Day 87 (September 29th, 2010)
Title: de Young


I shot this on our trip to the de Young (a great museum in SF - highly recommended!), to see the Birth of Impressionism exhibit.  Firstly, it was a MAD HOUSE.  I had never been in a museum with so many people.  They made people queue up in groups of 50-60, then ushered them into small rooms to look at the pictures for approximately 12 nanoseconds.  After which, you would be ushered into the next small room to "experience the grandeur of Monet, Renoir, and Manet." 


Clearly basking in the glory of the art and beauty could have been hazardous, because by the time my eyes focused on a painting and I nearly was able to actually discern a shape of so, a person, house, or goat, we were shuffled into another room of beauty and amazement. 


Being tall, I was able to actually see some of the paintings well enough that I actually got to say "Wow, that Monet was really... OUCH, stop prodding me with that stick!  I'm moving!"


It was a lovely experience.


Enjoy


Ps: It actually WAS a lot of fun - the painting were amazing.  If you have a chance go to go the current Post-Impressionist Masterpieces exhibit, I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment