Monday, September 27, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 81 (Howling Moon)

Day 81 (September 23rd, 2010)
Title: Howling Moon

I know I'm a few days behind, but I am currently hacking up vital organs (aka: I have a nasty cold), so I will try and get back on schedule as quickly as I can.

I got this just as the Harvest Moon was cresting over the tree-line behind our house.  I was just playing with the camera settings (f/stop and shutter speed) while watching the moon rise.  I didn't really think that I would get any particularity good shots, but this one I really liked.  It reminds me of the old B-Grade horror movies, just before the man turns into a wolf the scene cuts to a shot of the moon looking extremely spooky, before jumping back to the guy (who now really needs a shave). Or perhaps some sort of "Lovecraft-ian" moon just before some unnamed monster (or lawyer) grabs you from another dimension to eat your brains (or sue you - both are equally scary).

From a technical view, I have no idea how I got that cool "green-moon" effect to happen.  I'm guessing it something reflecting off on of the internal lens elements, due to the brightness of the moon.  But, I'm just guessing here. 

Or its Cthulhu's lawyer!  Ahhh!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking pictures of this moon! It's been staring at me for days and I've just not gotten a photo of it! It's driving me nuts! Thanks for an awesome pic : )

    ReplyDelete