Sunday, September 19, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 74 (Groovy)

Day 74 (September 16th, 2010)
Title: Groovy

I was lucky enough to brought up listening to records (vinyl is the best!), and even to this day I still get a certain satisfaction listing to them.  While its true, digital music may be more "perfect" in its clarity and tonal range, but I don't believe its as pure as vinyl.  Besides, all the hisses and pops make oldies sound better darn it!

I was originally trying to get a close-up shot of the record spinning, but it just wouldn't come out well.  Second choice: the record grooves!  I think this came our pretty well, although in the full-sized photo you are able to see the specific grooves a lot more clearly and can actually see the angles and cuts. 

For this shot, I used my 100mm macro lens with a 1:1 macro adapter.  The settings were f/3.5 at 1/60th. 

Enjoy!

Ps: Sorry for the delay in getting the last few days posted - I took a few days off to celebrate our 9th anniversary!  But, I'll be catching up again soon!

2 comments: