Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 4 (Irony Sign)

Day 4 (July 7th, 2010)
Title: Sign of Irony

Ok, this one needs a little explaining.  I saw this sign posted on a large electrical box in Oakland, and I thought: "Wow, how ironic, a sign that says posting signs is prohibited, that will make a nice picture."  But, after taking the shot I noticed the sticker on the other side of the box didn't have the painted section and the complete warning is: SIGNS & GRAFFITI PROHIBITED.  Oh! Irony within irony! Someone painted over the word graffiti.  Even gangsta's have a sense of humor (and irony).

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. Love it!

    Isn't it amazing what you start to notice when you really start looking? I am amazed at how much in this world goes by me until I start really looking at it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love how one of your "tasks" is to take photos for the ORMV club. I chuckled when I saw that.

    ReplyDelete