Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekly Hindsight (Week 1)

My first week of “Blogging” has come and gone and I have to say, so far so good!  I’ve started a few different photo projects (Photo 365 and Photo Games), which I don’t think I would have started without knowing that I *HAD* to post my daily update.  Some of the pictures were (trying to keep a positive outlook here), “weaker” than others, but all in all I was pleased with this week’s photo’s.  

My particular favorite was Fireworks (Day 1), only because I never could have planned to get that shot.  It was just total luck (“dumb” or otherwise!) that allowed me to capture that perfect moment of a firework exploding in focus while creating what I call “stunned light fish” with all the other lights.  I think I took about 500 photos that night, and only about 15-20 were salvageable, and only 2-3 were “keepers”.   I hope that every week I’ll get at least one shot that I feel as good about as I did with that first one.
A few other fun things that came out of this week (at least related to my blog/art work):
  1. After the first week, I had 300+ views on the blog, which means either a, people are actually looking at my work or b, spam-bots have already found me and I’ll soon have 2.1 million emails regarding the billions of dollars that I need to claim from my 4th cousin in Zambia. 
  2. With the start of my blogging I also started “tweeting” and within this first week, I got 4 followers and started stalking 30 people who I find interesting! 
  3. I feel very motivated to get out there and just shoot, shoot, shoot!  I’ve even dug out my smaller cameras just so I can make sure to always have one with me, in case the opportunity comes up that I need to shoot something.  In fact, two of this last week’s photos came from such opportunities (Day 3 – Black Cherry and Day 4 – Irony Sign). 
  4. I’ve enjoyed some lovely art-related conversation with my friends on Facebook.  It is nice to reconnect with them and talk art again. 
  5. Because of all the positive reaction in getting back into the world of art, I’ve decided to set a bit of a big goal for myself in the next few months (not to say that the Photo 365 project isn’t big, but it is very “open” and doesn’t really have any guidelines).  I am going to try and submit my work to at least two different photo competitions that are happening later this year.  I don’t expect to win anything, but I am more interested in the process and procedures that one much do to enter such a event.  

Well, that just about does it for me for this first week.  I want to thank everyone who’s had a chance to look at my work and a special thanks to those of you who have commented (both publically and privately) on what I’ve done so far.  I hope my future works will be just as fun, interesting and enjoyable!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment