Tuesday, January 20, 2015

99 Days

For the first time in over five years, I decided that I would do some painting today as part of my 100 Days for Me project.  Back in 2009, Theresa and I took some painting classes at the local community college and they were quite a bit of fun, except for the fact I really disliked what I made.  (Theresa's work was awesome!).  I think I was trying to hard to paint in a way that wasn't comfortable for me.  I have an issue with depth perception and rendering things in three-dimensions.  And when you're being asked to draw/paint objects, that can be tricky.  For this project, I'm going to try to be a bit more abstract and enjoy myself!

The painting is called "99 Words".  Every day I'm going to add one "word" to it, be it literally or conceptually.  The painting will be done on the 100th day of my project.  I have no idea what it will end up looking like.

For my first word, I chose "Patience" for a few reasons.  Normally when I'm working on an art project I try and complete it as soon as possible.  For this project, I want to slow down and enjoy the process, not just the end result.  I also need to learn patience for this whole experience.  Last night after posting day 1, I immediately thought about what I need to do for the rest of the week and starting mapping out what I needed for the entire project.  I need to patience to realize that this project needs to be more organic and not to force the process.  I threw away the map, and I'm going to let tomorrow (and the rest of the week) just "happen".

99 day to go.

Anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment