Monday, March 28, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 220 (Yarn Tunnel)

Day 220 (February 8th, 2011)
Title: Yarn Tunnel

A friend of ours came over last week and while we were all sitting around chatting, she decided that she needed to scrap (that happens a lot when folks come over to our house - its basically a scrapbook store, but with more alcohol and better snacks).  She decided to just make some cool flowers out of yarn and scrap fabric.  I was thoroughly impressed, because a) they looked really neat and b) I end up in the emergency room requiring 230 stitches and needing 6 quarts of blood after just trying to thread the needle. 

I've taken a few shots of the flowers, and this one is the first.  Of course, being that I'm taking these pictures, the first one has to be an abstract that looks nothing like a flower, nor anything else really.  I called it "Yarn Tunnel", because when I saw it, I joked:  "Hey, this is the 'Tunnel of Light' that scrappers see when they die!"

And as it says in the Book of Tim (Holtz, that is), Psalm 11:24, "And lo, when thy scrap has end, thou shall see a great scrapping light, and a tunnel of perfectly spun yarn, and thou shalt KNOW thy is in a good place.  A place of everlasting glue-pens and correctly shaped punches." 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment