Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 225 (Punk Bird)

Day 225 (February 13th, 2011)
Title: Punk Bird

Lately, whenever we go to the local mall, there are always (as old folks say) "Punk Kids" hanging out.  They are just sitting around, trying to look cool (course, just hanging out at a mall all day, at least to me, automatically reduces your cool level to zero), having an attitude that only a 15-year-old who gets a $50.00 a week allowance and has their parents pick them up when it time to go home, can have.  They also have these remarkably silly haircuts ("faux-hawks" and the like) - not that I'm giving them any flack for that, I know when I was a kid, I had some epically silly haircuts.  But, I find is slightly amusing that they are all trying to express their individually and anti-establishment they are - but they all have the same $45 haircut that more than likely they got at a "stylist" (rather than a barber, like I used to back in the "good ol' days").  I'm sure, in 30 years, they'll be at the mall, see a group of "Punk Kids" with their silly Bowl Cuts (it's a look that could come back! You don't know!) and say: "Man, thank goodness I was never like that when I was a kid!" 

The more things change, the more they stay the same!...

Of course, this photo ties in with the story only because when I saw the bird, I couldn't help thinking: "I wonder if other animals in nature have the same problems..."  Here was this pigeon, standing on a rail with only one foot ("Punk Birds" always got to be doing something different), with a "avant garde" hair-do (at least, for pigeon's it is), just hanging out at the mall.  I wonder what he say's to his friends when they show up: "Sup, coo.  Coo.  Yo." ... Probably not.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment