Friday, March 25, 2011

Digital Archive Project - Done!

Wow, I finally finished my first real photo archiving job.  I was asked to archive a couple hundred old photos and negatives from the 1950s-1980's.  It included old family photos, school photos, birth records, old school paperwork, other family documents and crazy-old negatives!  The negatives were "tricky" and took days to complete.  They were old 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" (aka: medium format) negatives!  My mission was to scan all the items, both in an archival format (TIFF, 50-100MB per file) and display format (JPG - 1-7MB per file), and then organize them all onto DVDs.  I got to use a lot of new and old skills, including: photo stitching, multi-format editing, color corrections, creating archival DVDs, DVD packaging, and DVD labeling.

It was both intense and exciting!  I'm looking forward to doing more archival-based work (as well as getting photography in now that I'm done with this project!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment