Thursday, July 7, 2011

A New Day (and Project)

First I would like to to once again thank everyone who took some time out of their day to view my photos over the last year.  I'm glad to say that my Photo 365 project was completed, although it was a bit "touch-and-go" there at the end if I was going to complete all the photos! 

I got a lot of positive and constructive feedback from many of you, and I really appreciated all of it.  Now that I've had a few days to look back and reflect on the project as a whole, I've realized that there were some really great parts and some parts that I would have liked to done over/better.  I realized that one of my favorite parts of the project was the theme weeks and multi-photo elements.  Now that I've realized what parts of the project I enjoyed the most (as well as defining some new goals that I would like to accomplish with my work in the near future), I've decided to start a new project. 

My new project will be called "Project 50", but unlike the Photo 365 project, it won't be something that I do daily, but more of a weekly art project which I will post the results on Fridays. Now, I know you are saying: "Why 50?! Why not 52?!"... well, because I want to be able to take a week off now and then!  Sheesh... you slave-drivers.  In essence, I will still process and show a lot of photos (probably more than the Photo 365 to be honest), but this way I'll have a whole week to shoot, edit and then present my work. 

For some projects, I will be posting updates so you can see some of the "work flow" that I am using to create whatever it is I'm working on.  Other times, it might just be the one post on Friday with the completed work (such as this Friday, because I only started tonight)!  I'm hoping to do more dynamic projects as well (still mostly photo-based), including panoramas, photo-stitching, video editing, and mixed media pieces. 

I hope that you will enjoy this new journey with me and I encourage all of you try any of these projects yourselves - be it a Photo 365, Project 50, Sketch 100, CookieOfTheWeek (I call dibs on any "extra" art pieces you might have with this project).  I also continue appreciate your feedback and comments!

Thanks and welcome back!

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment