Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 77 (Ribbit)

Day 77 (September 19th, 2010)
Title: Ribbit

I know there's been a bit of a delay with these last few photos, I've been feeling a bit... I believe the medical term is "bleach".  But, starting to feel better now, so time to get back to the photo goodness!  And trust me when I say, its for the best that I have not been taking any pictures of anything these last few days. Unless I was doing some sort of "Exorcist" retrospective, it wouldn't have been a good thing. 


This is another photo from Chinatown (in San Francisco).  I love frogs (almost as much as chickens and ducks!), and when I see them I just have to photo them.  These guys were sitting on a giant table with all many other plastic, neon-colored, animals that would generally give any child nightmares until their mid-30s.  The plastic butterflies from the underworld were too spooky to shoot ("HI!  I'm a HAPPY butterfly!  LOOK AT ME BEING HAPPY! Else I EAT YOUR SOUL!!!") These frogs were a god-awful neon green, so I thought I'd do them some justice and make them black and white.


I love the look they have on their faces.  I'm not exactly sure what the look is trying to say, perhaps: Please, just hit me with a brick so the pain will stop. Or perhaps: We are all praying to be resurrected as Tupperware someday, then we shall be truly loved.  But, its more likely they were thinking: HEY!  I'm a frickin' plastic frog that looks like a green highlighter exploded all over it!  I cost $2.00, so what the heck do you expect!?!"

And always remember to have your plastic pets spayed and neutered. 

2 comments:

  1. This pic needs to be in an ad or a video - one with drama! What an expression on those frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just have to make an amusing music video and put them into it. I'm not sure what song, but I'm sure I can think of something!

    ReplyDelete