Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 72 (Barrels of Fun)

Day 72 (September 14th, 2010)
Title: Barrels of Fun

This photo was taken during a lovely event at Hanger One distillery.  I was lucky enough to have the chance to walk around and take photos for a little while and during that time I feel I got some nice shots (see the next few days for the other photos).

This particular photo is of a GIANT cask/fermentation thingy.  It stands about ~20 feet high and it is mighty!  I'm not exactly sure what its used for, but based on its age and patina, its certainly been used for its task quite a bit! 

For this shot, I used my 28-135mm lens (at 30mm), at f/4.0 for 1/60.  I set the camera on the equator of the barrel and slowly tilted the camera upwards till I got a shot that had a nice depth-of-field.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment