Friday, September 17, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 73 (Hanger One)

Day 73 (September 15th, 2010)
Title: Hanger One

Here is a photo of either a) the coolest distillery ever (and not just because they let me take pictures - although that's certainly not a bad thing) or b) the largest and most complicated flute in the world!  Honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw this jumble of copper, glass and pipes was: Wow, that's a big flute.

I have to say, this thing is a complicated, but amazing mess of thingies!  Valves, pipes, gaskets, knobs, dials, buttons... Lets just say I was using a lot of self-control not to just go running around and screaming "ooo!  What's THIS do!?!" while fiddling with everything.  I do believe that, given more time (and the proper flash-kit and lens) I could get better pictures of the machinery and "bits".  Hopefully next time I'll remember!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment