Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Next Quest - Searching for Doctor Who!

I have officially started my art quest for 2016!  I am once again working on custom deck of playing cards, but this deck will be more important than ever before.  This new deck is going to a gift to my wife for our 15th anniversary!  Because this is such an important deck, I had to make sure that I picked a theme that would truly encompass all time and space, which of course means, I had to make it a Doctor Who deck!

Both my wife and I are huge Doctor Who fans and I feel getting 56 custom pieces of Who-related art would be a great way to celebrate our 15th anniversary.

In keeping with my previous custom decks, I am going to try and complete this deck once again with the help of Magic: the Gathering artist.  While I'm not going to be attending quite as many Grand Prix events this year, I am attending some on the East Coast, which I hope will let me engage with artist I don't normally run into (as I mostly do West Coast events).

I've set this deck up in the following ways: Each suit will be a specific category of Who.  Hearts will be the 13 Doctors, the Diamonds will be companions, Clubs items/places in the Who-universe and Spades the villains.  The four Jokers will be different version of the Doctor Who logo.

And now, the first batch of cards that I received from Grand Prix Seattle/Tacoma!

(Ps: Please note, these are some of the best pieces that I've ever gotten, so you may become stunned by their awesomeness).

Christopher Rush

Lake Hurwitz

Lake Hurwitz

Chuck Lukacs

Chuck Lukacs

Ken Meyer Jr.

Ken Meyer Jr.

Rob Alexander

Rob Alexander

Jesper Myfors

Pete Venters

Zack Stella

Clint Cearley

Clint Cearley

Mark Poole

RK Post

RK Post

No comments:

Post a Comment