Monday, July 11, 2011

Project 50 - Week 2 - Concept

Project 50 - Week 2

Status: Concept

For my Week 2 project, I'm going to try and create a panorama photograph using multiple shots from the top of our apartment building.  We have an amazing view from the Bay Bridge all the way to the Golden Gate (and a bit beyond), and I'd like to show that off in a giant panoramic picture. 

I am going to use my wide-angel lens to give a sense of how "large" the bay is; probably 18-20mm.  For the post-production part, I'm not sure if I want to try and do a single image with no seams or as a composite image with each "snapshot" layered on top of each other for form the panorama (think of printing out a stack of 4x6's and laying them all our on a table to form one giant picture - each small picture would have a small white "frame" to show that it's an individual photo, but when shown with its 'friends' would look a part of a giant work). As a test-run, I am going to try and do a composite with just a few photos so I can get the hang of how to do it.  If having them as single elements looks good, I think I go with that method, otherwise it will be a single giant photo. 

The other element that isn't really under my control will be the weather.  San Francisco is known for its fog and I really want to try and take all the pictures at the same time, so they fit together more uniformly.  So, I'm just going to pick a day and go for it!

I'll post some of the shots that I get as well as some of the test-run works over the next few days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment