Friday, July 8, 2011

Project 50 - Week 1 - Abstract Fireworks

Project 50 - Week 1
Subject: Abstract Fireworks

Week one is coming to an end and I've completed my first project!  For this project, my subject was the fireworks display from the 4th of July ceremony from the Berkeley Marina.  But, unlike many others who were attempting to get clear, cool looking shots of the fireworks exploding, I was try to get a more abstract look by using a few different techniques.  Firstly, I used a relatively slow lens (f/4.5~5.6) to take the photos, as well as only shooting hand-held (to introduce a neat blur effect). Second, I make sure to move the camera while shooting to exaggerate the blur effect.  Lastly, I used the camera in full manual mode, so it wouldn't attempt to "refocus" or "fix" the picture.  I shot about 700 photos, and after three rounds of cuts, I got it down to a final 28 photos.

I decided to use (at least for now), my Flickr site to display this quantity of photos, because a) many of my photos are already on Flickr and this might encourage others to look at my earlier works, b) Flickr is a pretty stable site and c) I've already paid for my Pro status there and I might as well use it!  I will be adding these photos to the AntTree site as well (as a new gallery), so if prefer looking at them via the AntTree site, please do so.

I hope that you all enjoy this first project and I can wait for the next 49!


(Click on Photo to be taken to the Flickr site, of if you prefer, you can click on this link directly: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anttree/sets/72157627025585343/)

No comments:

Post a Comment