Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 84 (Boat Race)

Day 84 (September 26th, 2010)
Title: Boat Race

I saw these boats just skimming along the water and I really loved the colors (is also turned out that the trees were sporting some nice colors as well, so double bonus!).  I'm not sure what kind of boats these are (I'm sure there is some cool nautical term for them, rather than - Small one-manned sail boat), but watching I was reminded of kids who build "wooden block racers" and spent so much time painting and customizing them before racing them (for what turned about to be like 30 seconds).  I'm picturing these guys doing the same thing: spending weekend tuning and tweaking the boats, getting the sail just right, finding the best widget to use, so in the end they can race for perhaps an hour.  Then, go home and start again. 

It kinda exemplifies the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Life is a journey, not a destination" (or perhaps finish line, in this case).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Please print this for me!!! I will specify size face to face and let;s get this baby printed.

    ReplyDelete