Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 52 (Bug)

Day 52 (August 25th, 2010)
Title: Bug

This picture requires a bit of a back-story.  I am lucky enough to live in the San Francisco Bay Area where we don't really believe in weather.  Our "winter" weather averages around 50-60 degrees, sometimes we allow a little light rain and, if we are really brave, we might actually put a jacket on.  For our "summer", it's 70-80 degrees, foggy till 11am (so not to wake us up too early with all that sunlight) and slightly breezy.  On "hot" days it will get to 88 or 89 and basically work stops and everyone in the entire state goes to the beach.  This is why our housing is $1.2 million per square foot. 

Now, this last week we have had some, as I like to call it, "Texas Ass Weather".  Temperatures over 100, no wind, humid, and basically sucktastic.   Now, for a San Franciscan, 100 degrees is basically like WALKING ON THE SUN!  Its hot.  H.  O.  T.  Not toasty, or warm, or scorching, but H!O!T!

So, on this insanely hot day I had decided to have some sort of temporary brain embolism and go walking to find a picture.  I got my camera ready, had my hat (thinking that would help and not burst into flames instantly), and a small bottle of water.  I walked out of air-conditioned building right onto the corona of the sun.  Did I mention it was hot?  As I bolted back in (as my shoes were melting) I decided: "Perhaps I'll take a picture inside today!" 

I was looking around the house thinking of what to shoot and I saw some ladybugs on the balcony.  One was crawling up the glass door and I decided "Hey, that's all kinds of nature!  Perfect!"  So, opened the door to walk out and take a few close-ups of the little bug and that's when I remembered that the balcony was chock full of "outsideness".  Really hot outsideness.  So, that plan was scrapped and I decided the BEST picture would be from below the bug as it walked up the glass door... from the inside. 

Long story for a silly shot.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment