Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 46 (Combustion)

Day 46 (August 18th, 2010)
Title: Combustion


Continuing with my Science Theme for this week, today I thought I'd tackle combustion!  Now, as much fun as it would be to blow things up, I saw three small flaws with that plan: 1) Don't want to damage the camera, 2) Getting C-4 explosives is a bit harder than one would think, and 3) I don't think our insurance covers 'self-inflicted explosion'. 


My thought was to catch a match just as it reaches critical ignite temperature and take a shot.  Wow, does that sound simple when I type it, but in actual practice it was waaaaaay more annoying.  Lets just say, that a match ignites very quickly.  I think I went through 2 boxes of matches and two, 4GB memory cards and after I was done, I have about 10-15 shots that are worth keeping.  I was also trying to get as close as possible to the flame without damaging my lens, so until I can make a fireproof glass barrier, I think this is about as close as I'm willing to risk.  I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment