Sunday, August 1, 2010

Photo 365 - Day 29 (Kite Day 2)

Day 29 (August 1st, 2010)
Title: Kite Festival, Day 2

Today was the second day of the Berkeley Kite Festival and at first I was thinking, "I got pictures of the kites yesterday, so I don't need anymore today... "  But then I saw this GIANT squid kite, that was at least 3-4 times larger than the kites from yesterday.  They were still flying some of the "smaller" ones from yesterday.  They are on the left side for comparison.  This squid was massive!  It was also great to see so many people out there flying kites (if you look closely, you can see hundreds of people flying hordes of kites!)  I think next year, I might actually go down to the Berkeley Marina to get close-ups of the kites, rather than the "long-range" shots.  Also, if you look in the background you can see both the new and old Bay Bridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment