Monday, February 21, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 191 (Got Seed?)

Day 191 (January 10th, 2011)
Title: Got Seed?

I like birds, I think they are fun to watch and take photos of.  Now, normally pigeons aren't the smartest of all the birds (I like to compare them, intelligence-wise, to a brick).  But, this little fella was stalking me.  We had a lovely lunch all ready to go at my favorite deli in Santa Cruz (Eric's!), and down flew this bird.  I thought, "Oh, a bird.  How lovely!  I should take a picture before he remembers how to fly and leaves! (again, IQ of a brick)."  I shot a few photos and got my yum-wich and ignored the bird.  He didn't fly away.  In fact, he slowly side-stepped closer and closer till he was about 2 feet from me.  Then he gave me this look like: "Sooo... I see you sitting there, enjoying your lovely sammich.  I was just thinking, perhaps you might have some seeds in your pocket that you might want to be tossing over here.  No reason why you might want to do that, if you have any seeds... Course, it would be tragic, just TRAGIC if anything happened to you while you were eating that darn yummy looking sammich.  Yep.  Tragic." 

I realize that I might have read a tiny bit more into that look than probably was there.  Perhaps when he went "Coo?" all he meant was "I'm a brick that can poop on your sandwich!"  Either way, I was worried and gave him a cracker.  He was appeased and we finished our meal, albeit with sidelong glances at him the whole time, just in case. 

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment