Monday, October 17, 2011

Project 50 - Week 11 - Tick-Tock

Project 50 - Week 11
Concept: Tick-Tock


I've completed my first Steampunk themed week, and I have to say it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!  Ultra-macro photos are very tricky to shoot, due to their extremely small focal point, but I think I got some nice photos.  I tried a few different post-production techniques, including tinting, selective coloring and straight black and white conversion.  One thing to remember when looking at these is the scale of the items.  The watches that I used in this project are about the size of a quarter, and many of these shots are just of a few of the cogs/sprockets, which are very tiny!  The purple items that you see are the timing crystals, which are about the same size as the head of a pin. 


Enjoy! 












No comments:

Post a Comment