Monday, October 10, 2011

Project 50 - Week 10 - Whisky Shots

Project 50 - Week 10
Concept: Whiskey Shots

Last Friday I went to my very first WhiskyFest in San Francisco.  I have to say, it was great fun, if you like whiskey!  I, being the sick person that I am, enjoyed 46 tastings! Keep in mind, each tasting averaged between 1/4 ~ 3/4 an ounce (the later in the evening it got, the larger the tastings became!).  I was, and I can say this with completely certainty, totally hammered by the end of the night.  But it was totally worth it!  I got to try so many new, and crazy-expensive, whiskeys - many of which I know I never would have tried by just buying random bottles at Bev-Mo.  I also want to give a special "shout out" to my friends from St. George Distillery who where there and if you haven't given St. George Whiskey a try, you really should! 

From a photographic aspect, I was pretty bummed out - they didn't really allow backpacks or briefcases and I didn't feel comfortable checking my camera bag, so I just decided to go 'sans-camera'.  Probably for the best really - after 46 tastings I don't think I want any "unfortunate" evidence getting out from the event!  So, with that in mind, I reset my "studio" from my last project and took some "shots" of whiskey-based subject matter. 

I hope you enjoy it! 











No comments:

Post a Comment