Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 255 (Alien Fruit)

Day 255 (March 15th, 2011)
Title: Alien Fruit

When I chopped open the cantaloupe and started taking close-up pictures of the "guts" of it, I immediately realized that they looked a lot like the "egg sacs" of the Alien Queen from the "Aliens" movie (and if you haven't seen Aliens - go watch it now, I'll wait.  Really.  Go.  Now.)  I wonder if James Cameron was just sitting around one day and had the following conversation:

"You know guys, I was thinking of doing a movie about a giant boat sinking.  Music, drama, guys hitting propeller blades, crazy old ladies throwing diamonds, but then I was eating this cantaloupe and I realized: We need an evil alien-tries-to-eat-your-face-off movie with marines, laser canons, space ships and no crazy old people throwing diamonds away!" 

James was way ahead of his one time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment