Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Photo 365 - Day 228 (Bridge Gap)

Day 228 (February 16th, 2011)
Title: Bridge Gap

I recently saw a great photo in a mall (crazy!).  It was a large print on the wall of Bloomingdale's of the Golden Gate bridge, done in black and white from the perspective of someone driving in a car (I'm hoping the passenger took the photo, not the driver!)  It was shot straight up so you could really see the towers as well as the cars zipping along the bridge. 


I thought I'd try to replicate that photo somewhat, but via the Bay Bridge (only because we rarely go over the Golden Gate).   I got a few shots that were okay, but didn't quite get the look I was going for (too much traffic and we were going a bit too fast for the camera to focus the way I wanted it to).  This photo, on the other hand was more of a "playing around" shot, but I really enjoy how it came out.  To pay homage to the original idea of what I was working on, I did some selective coloring to render the top and bottom black and white.  The bridge in the background is in fact, the Golden Gate! 


Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment