Saturday, January 24, 2015

96 Days - Games! Part 1

Why I Love Games, Part I

I really love games!  Just about any type really; board games, card games, dice games, CCGs, social games, you name it and I probably have played it!

One aspect of games that I enjoy so much is teaching games.  I enjoy teaching games for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, I feel when I have to teach a game, it gives me a better understanding of the game.  I know I really need to have a good grasp on the game to be able to explain the rules and methods behind a game.  Secondly, I really enjoy getting people excited in playing games and I believe the first way to get someone into gaming is to teach it in a fun and exciting way.  Lastly, teaching games has really helped me improve my skills as a trainer and facilitator.  I have used many of the methods I've picked up teaching games over the years in my work.

I was very happy tonight to both teach and play a couple of new games with friends.  It reminded me that when I was a trainer, I received many accolades.  I look forward to future game days!

No comments:

Post a Comment